Over the years I have come to use many different resources for website building. Below, I am going to share some of these resources. This page will be ever evolving to serve its purpose in providing up to date information as it comes in. Any company I refer to you, I have personally also used and trusted enough to share here.
There are always a few main points I look for when I choose to use a service or buy a product. I don’t waiver on these points ever and you shouldn’t either.
- Customer Service – Is service fast, professional, friendly and accompanied with common sense answers.
- Quality – Is the product or service worth the money I am paying? Is there constant innovation and growth happening around the product so that I can continue to use the newer and better versions if needed?
- Cost – Does it fit the budget I have? Are there promotions or opportunities that enable me to save money? What do I get in return for my money?
Disclosure: Please note some of the links on this website may be affiliate links. If you use my links to make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Portion of the income goes to support the cost of this website.
When I began writing for Wooynana, the first thing I imagined was the look and feel I wanted the blog to have. How did I want my visitors to feel when they came to visit me here? When I made my move to WordPress from another place, I found that there were literally hundreds of themes to choose from. Templates were in abundance and my time was not. I wanted access to a family of templates and a place I could call home for many years to come. I also didn’t want a theme without accompanying customer service and support. As in everything else I write about, I recommend you complete your own research before committing to any theme to help avoid any headaches in the future.
Below are some of the reasons I chose Elegant Themes:
- Ready-made layouts I can mix and match with my own custom designs
- Awesome support network through web chat, email or community forums
- Option to purchase annual access or lifetime access. I chose lifetime for the savings!
Depending on how you choose to build your website, choosing where it will be hosted is always the first question you’ll ask yourself. If you choose to create your website on a wordpress.org CRM (Customer Relationship Management), you can choose SiteGround as your host for example. After researching the top three recommended hosting companies by wordpress.org (Bluehost, DreamHost and SiteGround) I found SiteGround as the superior option. Below are some of the reasons why I chose SiteGround.
- Reliable ( 99.99% Up-Time)
- Performance (SSD Drives on all plans which provides a faster retrieval of files and database information)
- 24/7 Fast customer service support. (Not only professional, but truly fast from my own experience)
- If you choose to continue with SiteGround, continue to read the directions provided below.
Choose your hosting plan
SiteGround has three plans and one can sign for any of them with a great discount through my affiliate link.
The Three plans:
- The StartUp plan is perfect for you if you are starting a new website
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that greatly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for you if you plan to have a larger site with option to add e-commerce for example. This also serves your purpose for more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration
2. Choose your domain
Clients can choose to buy a new domain, or sign up with an existing domain you have already purchased somewhere else. SiteGround has a great Free Website Transfer service as well to help in this process. This free service is included for GrowBig and GoGeek plans only.
3. Review and Complete
Unlike many other hosting providers SiteGround’s advertised discount applies to any of the initial periods chosen during the sign up process. Whether you pick the shortest or longest term, the promotional discount will apply.